We need to fight for mental health, not against the stigma of mental illness.
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, and Aaron F. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at
* mental illness stigma
* what is mental health?
* My anxiety/depression story:
* How stigma interferes with mental health care American Psychologist article:
* Geek Therapy Radio podcast mental health episode:
* Mentalhealth.gov definition of mental health:
* Rachel Star’s What is having SCHIZOPHRENIA like video:
* Seize the awkward PSA:
* Anna Akana’s maintaining mental health video
* Last week’s video – Why is it so hard to get good therapy?
The sound effects in this video were created by LittleRobotSoundFactory ( and are used under a Creative Commons license ( They are available for download here:
Connect with Ali:
Email ► [email protected]
THE PSYCH SHOW! Creating mental health videos that educate, entertain, and empower! Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number:
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines:
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room