Text: 1 Kings 19:4–14
Big Idea of the Message: Depression is a common experience, but God is our provider, even when we experience “dark nights of the soul.”
Application Point: Develop trusted friends and family who check in with you about your emotional health. Create a plan of action.
Breakout Questions: Would you rather live in the North Pole or the South Pole?
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. How would you define a “dark night of the soul”? Have you or someone you love experienced it?
3. What lead to Elijah’s depression? What about yours (or someone you know)?
4. What surprised you most about this passage or the message?
5. What might be a plan of action for you when you experience anxiety, depression, or other hard emotions? Brainstorm together.
6. How can we pray for you?
Mental Health Resources: